AFG Home Loans – Retro
This a good old-fashioned home loan with the great features you need, without the cost of those you don’t. It’s simple and easy to understand with no fancy frills – but still with some of the best modern features you expect, like 24/7 online access and an optional 100% offset facility.**
Our Retro Home Loans are a more common sense and flexible approach to lending so we can cater for self-employed clients and also clients who may not fit traditional lending criteria.
Retro features and benefits
Our Retro range at AFG Home Loans includes products with different features such as a redraw facility and a 100% offset facility** you can use to reduce interest on your loan. We also have a Retro Lite option which is tailored to suit self-employed customers who may not have completed their most recent tax returns.
Offset facility option
Using the optional offset facility** can help reduce your repayments with funds in a separate loan sub-account helping to offset the interest on your loan. And it comes at no extra cost. Simply advise your broker during your application if you’d like to consider taking advantage of this option and they’ll walk you through the options, how it works and what to be aware of.
For more detailed information about the optional offset facility including a summary of some of the important terms and conditions, please
Optional interest only period
When you apply for a Retro Home loan you are able to request an interest only period of one to five years. After this time, repayments revert back to principal and interest.
On approval, you and your AFG broker will be posted a letter summarising your loan application, including your loan amount, interest rate, repayments as well as any special conditions…
What our Retro and Retro Lite Home Loans can offer you.
- Simple features and straightforward functionality, where you don’t pay for extras you don’t need.
- Your broker is always there to help, with a direct line of communication to answer any questions or give you the help you may need.
- Our dedicated Australian Customer Service team is available via email or phone and trained to provide the good old-fashioned service that we pride ourselves on.
- Access your accounts online 24/7 (subject to availability) with our online banking website.
- Optional redraw and offset facility** features, and flexible options to manage your home finance.
- Make as many additional repayments to your home loan as you like without getting charged.